Retail Sales Specialist
Phusion Projects, LLC
EMPLOYER: Phusion Projects
REPORTS TO: Retail Sales Manager
SUMMARY: The Retail Sales Specialist (RSS) is responsible for traveling to markets to ensure retail execution. You will be road warrior, traveling three weeks a month, working with other retail sales specialists as well as Area Sales Manager’s (ASM) and distributor personnel. When you are not traveling, you will be expected to ensure retail execution in your designated market. To be successful in this role, you must be organized, have strong interpersonal skills, be a problem solver, be comfortable with the use of technology, and be able and willing to travel extensively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with various wholesalers to execute all sales and promotional programs
- Work in the trade with distributor personnel or other Phusion employees
- Ensure proper merchandising standards are executed in the market including in store programming, in store generic, out of store permanent POS
- Build relationships with both distributors and retailers to ensure sales goals are met
- Attend promotional events when needed to generate new sales leads for our products
- Take initiative to build brand awareness through sales channels
- Educate external partners on product updates, changes and launches
- Act as the face of the company at all times, while working with external partners
- Collaborate with colleagues on a frequent basis
- Work on special assignments as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- No prior experience or training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.